How do you plan to spend your honeymoon?
For some couples, an ideal honeymoon destination is where you can frolic in the sand, watch the sunset together, hold each other’s hand while strolling along the beach, and enjoy fine dining and wine tasting.
For the more adventurous couples, hiking, scuba diving, and surfing are great activities to explore. Hitting the sack on a secluded island sounds exciting to kick-start a fantastic sex life!
The Great Southern Region in Western Australia is full of exciting places to activate your love cells. A sweet and memorable bonding time should be your goal. Check out our list of honeymoon ideas in the Great Southern Region and fly to the most exhilarating honeymoon getaway with your other half!
Unique Honeymoon Ideas in the Great Southern Region
Keeping up with the Joneses when planning a honeymoon itinerary is not unique. A couple of newlyweds find intimacy in the four walls of their accommodation, while others pump up adrenaline glands in adventurous pursuits. What matters is the unique personality of two individuals who became one.
The Great Southern Region offers romantic escapades to suit all types of personalities. Start your marital journey with a bang with these unique honeymoon ideas you cannot afford to miss.
1. Explore the hinterland towns
The Great Southern Region of Western Australia is known for its warm country charm – a far cry from the noise of the maddening crowd. Discover the rich biodiversity in the hinterland towns as much as you uncover more about each other.
- Visit the Kodja Place in Kojonup and learn about the indigenous heritage and culture of the early settlers. A military barracks now houses a museum.
- Enjoy the breathtaking views from the cellar doors in Mount Barker, a small agricultural town known for award-winning wineries.
- Have you experienced attending church services by candlelight? The Saint Werburghs Chapel in Mount Barker provides a unique experience.
- Take priceless photographs as you enjoy the panoramic view atop Castle Rock in Porongurup, about 15 minutes away from Mount Barker.
- Whisk your beloved to the outback town of Katanning, the gateway to the Great Southern Region. The scenic view on a 3-hour drive from Perth or the Margaret Wine Region is a replica of romantic scenes in a movie. Visit the beautiful historic buildings and uncover tales from the past. The All Ages Playground in town unleashes your inner child. It is nice to be playful with each other.
2. Get intimate in the high mountains
Get intimate as you follow the trail towards Bluff Knoll, the highest peak at the Stirling Range National Park in the Great Southern Region. Rising at 3,606 ft. above sea level, you can get a 360-degree view of nearby enchanting towns and other mountain peaks from the summit.
3. Ignite the fire on a secluded beach
Would you like to be on a secluded beach with your beloved?
Misery Beach – crowned the best beach by Tourism Australia in 2022 – is about 20kms from Albany along Frenchman’s Bay Road. A long stretch of sand as white as snow lines up the tranquil, secluded beach leading to the impressive granite headland.
Take a dip with your beau in the turquoise and crystal-clear waters of Green Pols. The pristine sand invites honeymooners to bask under the sun and enjoy each other’s company. It is a magical paradise that will make you look forward to a second trip.
4. Soak in the sunset
Would you like to re-enact your first kiss as you watch the stunning beauty of the sunset? The parks and beaches in the Great Southern Region offer a vantage point to see nature’s beauty at its best. Or sing and dance with your beloved under the southern skies for a romantic vibe.
5. Relax in a wildflower garden
What could be more romantic than taking a breath of fresh air with your beau in a wildflower garden? Stroll along the well-maintained pathway at Regional Flower Garden in Discovery Bay and enjoy a relaxed atmosphere as you gaze at thousands of stunning native plants. The sound of chirping birds delivers sweet notes to your ears as you whisper sweet nothings to each other.
6. Unleash your adventurous spirit
Get ready to dive, snorkel, or swim at Bremer Bay, about 180km south of Albany. Or surf at Ocean Beach, south of Denmark. Dive and snorkel sites at Bremer Bay offer an abundance of underwater treasures, and diverse marine species exist due to the nutrient-rich and cool water temperatures. You might have a close encounter with whale sharks and spot humpback whales as they migrate from August to October.
7. Indulge the senses with a relaxing spa
Experience natural wellness with massage and spa at Yallingup Forest Spa. The secluded adults-only villas in the heart of Yallingup, WA, provide a romantic setting that is perfect for your honeymoon. Relax and indulge the senses with your beloved as you experience the ultimate couple’s spa journey.
8. Take a self-drive tour around the Great Southern Wine Region
Take the Albany Highway from Perth. It will lead you to Mount Barker – the northern gateway to the Great Southern Wine Region. If you follow the Great South West Edge drive trail, you will have your first romantic sip of exquisite Great Southern wine in the town of Denmark. Shiraz, Merlot, Chardonnay, or Pinot Noir variety will make you linger around and enjoy the breathtaking view. Chat with the wine-makers to learn more about wine-making.
9. Feel the love at the Cornwall House Accommodation
Snuggle close and share life’s bliss with your beloved at the Cornwall House Accommodation. A clean and cosy, well-equipped room is the perfect ambience for newlyweds.
A honeymoon trip with splendid accommodations to the Great Southern Region does not guarantee a lifetime of togetherness. But it adds fuel to the fire when you seal your marital commitment by saying, ‘I do”.
Book your honeymoon suite now!
Our prime location at 72 Albany Highway, in Kojonup, WA, is ideal for business and pleasure travellers. All rooms have reverse-cycle air-conditioning, coffee and tea-making facilities, and free Wi-Fi to ensure a comfortable stay. Our team of well-trained and amiable staff is caring and attentive to details. Warm country hospitality awaits you. Call us on (08) 98310214 to book accommodation.